Friday, September 5, 2014

Goodbye To The Hardest Working Women In Show Biz - Joan Rivers




When I heard Joan Rivers was in the hospital I didn't feel like talking. I just wanted to keep quiet and lay low. At 81 to go under the knife is risky and I had a feeling Joan Rivers being the competitive talent that she was would want to go out in a way that garnered the most attention, a place where she felt the most comfortable and on her own terms. What better place to leave than at the top of her game? Who else but Joan Rivers would kill it at a comedy club the night before, go out to dinner with a friend and the next day get some work on her throat done? Part of me thinks she was jealous of the top billing Robin Williams was getting in heaven so Joan Rivers had to tell Johnny Carson what was up! All kidding aside, Joan Rivers was a force of nature, an icon, a true talent, a bitch, a doll a mother and a grandmother. Mad Respect to a woman that made her way in a male dominated field where women weren't taken seriously until she walked into the room. I didn't like all the things she said but that is OK. I liked her anyway. RIP Joan and to your family and loved ones you are suffering a great loss but she loved you as sure and as fiercely as she was talented......

No comments:

Post a Comment